Several months ago, we took a look at an Element prefab by Blu Homes in Rhode Island.Â The Element model has been revised recently and now includes up to 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, and 12′ ceilings.Â The contemporary home design is available in two sizes, 36′ x 20’6″ or 48 x 20’6″, and comes standard with a number of green features:
- LED lighting;
- 50-year standing seam roofing;
- Operable roofline windows;
- Eco Batt and rigid foam insulation;
- Bamboo flooring;
- Radiant hot water flooring;
- Hardi cement board siding;
- No- or low-VOC interior paints;
- Low-flow water-efficient fixtures; and
- Stainless steel Energy Star appliances.
Optional features include sliding cedar sunshades, recycled paper countertops, cedar v-groove siding, and a grey water, living roof, and rainwater catchment system.
Pricing starts at $125,000, which includes the prefab, standard fixtures and fittings, delivery, and finish work.Â Pricing excludes extraordinary engineering, permits, ground work, foundation, utility hookups, and finish painting.
Credit: Blu Homes.