To be considered for this random giveaway, leave a comment below through the end of Thursday, May 6, 2010.*
After writing about Sam's Club's installation of 17 Skystream turbines in California, we were approached by the company with an opportunity to give away a 400W wind generator. We jumped at the chance given this could help out one of our readers. For informational purposes, the micro turbine is available for purchase online at Sam's Club, but at the end of this giveaway, one random commenter will be chosen to receive one for free.
Keep in mind that the generator doesn't come with a tower kit and will need to be set up, but it has a value of $596.00 and will get you well on your way toward generating on-site electricity. Here are the specs:
- Carbon fiber composite blades for low wind noise;
- Lightweight cast aluminum body;
- Easy installation;
- Great for 12V battery charging, remote power, and backup power;
- Fully integrated regulator automatically shuts down when batteries are charged to minimize wear; and
- Max power up to 400 watts or 27 amps in ideal conditions.
*To participate in this giveaway contest, leave a comment here by midnight MST on Thursday, May 6, 2010. One comment per person; use a valid email; available only in the United States. By leaving a comment, you agree to the terms and conditions relating to giveaways on Jetson Green.