This home is the first LEED Platinum home in Marin, according to the Marin Blog of the San Francisco Chronicle.Â It was designed by SB Architects and built by McDonald Construction & Development, the same firm behind the LEED Platinum Margarido House.Â The rich and contemporary residence spans four levels on a hill and incorporates a number of green elements, such as:
- High fly ash in all concrete;
- Efficient aluminum-framed windows;
- Low-flow toilets, faucets, and fixtures;
- Energy Star appliances;
- Efficient LED lighting;
- Western Red Cedar siding;
- Whole house automation and lighting system;
- Reclaimed, exposed timber framing;
- Passive solar and geothermal design;
- Solar thermal and solar PV;
- Construction with spray foam insulation;
- Drought tolerant landscaping; and
- Use of locally sourced and recycled content materials;
Hillside House, a descriptive name you’ll note from the above building section, seems to have it all, including the yoga deck, outdoor tub, and elevator.Â And, if you’re in the area, check it out in the Marin Living Home Tour in May 2010.
Photo credits: Mariko Reed Photography.