Simpatico Homes is a new prefab company that plans to break ground on their prototype home this summer. Simpatico has a simple philosophy based on three core elements: form (modern), function (modular prefab), and footprint (green building). The company was kind enough to provide these renderings of the prototype, which will be built in Emeryville, California. The three-bedroom, three-bathroom, 2500 square-foot abode was designed by Swatt Architects to received LEED Platinum. It will include some of the following green elements:
- Passive solar design;
- Living green roof;
- Floor-to-ceiling Energy Star windows for natural light;
- Skylights to bring natural light into the building core;
- Soy-based spray foam insulation for a tight envelope;
- Indoor/outdoor spaces made with FSC-certified woods;
- Wood composite rainscreen siding;
- Solar thermal and photovoltaics; and
- Rainwater harvesting for landscaping with Rainwater HOGs.
With striking features such as the contemporary second-floor overhang, generous windows, and upper-level deck spaces, the home is likely to receive considerable attention in the next several months. If you want to follow future progress of Simpatico Homes, make sure to subscribe to their blog or follow Simpatico Homes on Twitter. We'll keep you posted …
Rendering credits: Simpatico Homes.