Jerry Yudelson, renown green building expert, was kind enough to send us a copy of one of his latest books, and as is the tradition on this website, we’re giving the book away to one lucky commenter below. Just leave a comment before midnight on Monday, September 22 to be considered for the giveaway.* The book is called Choosing Green: The Homebuyer’s Guide to Good Green Homes and is printed on 100% post-consumer recycled paper. It is what it’s called: a homebuyer’s guide. If you’re a homeowner or are thinking of becoming one (even in this market!), you should give this a read and get educated. Yudelson will walk you through some of the following concepts:
- Reasons for choosing a green home
- Key features of a green home
- What to expect and experience in a green home
- What products and technology goes into a green home
- How to know when a home is green and when it isn’t
- What you need to know about various green building certification systems
- Where to find green homes in each region of the U.S.
- Where to find a green condo (with project studies)
- How to pay for your green home and what you might get out of it in resale
- How to evaluate home builder offerings and greenness
- Making your home greener after you buy it
- What’s in store for green homes in the future
- Where to look for more information and resources
I find Choosing Green incredibly insightful and chock full of insider’s experience. This is the kind of book that will help homebuyer’s cut to the chase and leap frog the poseurs towards legitimate green home living.
I think Choosing Green would also be helpful to builders that are trying to green their business. Building green, as Yudelson discusses in the book, is the hottest trend in the building industry, but you have to know how to do so in the best, most effective way. So if you’re looking for a thorough guide to good green homes, make sure to pick up a copy of Choosing Green.
If you’re interested in the book, drop a comment by midnight MST on Monday, September 22, 2008. Say where you’re from if you don’t know what to say. By leaving a comment, you agree to the terms and conditions relating to book giveaways on Jetson Green. Shipping only within U.S.