I’m in Huntington Beach this weekend taking a little r&r and didn’t realize how much of the housing here is built like the townhomes above: with an urban feel — tightly together with at least 2-3 levels. These townhouses are located on 19th Street in Santa Monica and called Green on 19. Three are already sold with the remaining two ready to go. Green on 19 was designed by Jesse Bornstein to provide modern living while supporting the global community’s need for energy efficiency.
Bornstein designed Green on 19 with a slew of green features including some of the following:
- Energy Star new home qualification
- Bamboo and polished concrete flooring
- Energy Star Viking kitchen and Bosch dishwasher
- High-efficiency freon AC system
- Bamboo cabinetry
- Ecosmart fireplaces
- Toto dual-flush toilets
- 100% urban runoff mitigation
- Electronically controlled skylight
- High-efficiency water heater with recirculating pump
- Xeriscape landscape plantings with drip irrigation
- Solar power with state-of-the-art translucent modules
- Dual-glazed windows that provide abundant natural light and ventilation
You may not agree, but I think Green on 19 has a smart design that’s kind of similar to what we’re seeing with Lighthouse, UK’s zero-emissions, carbon neutral home. Also, the LA Times featured Green on 19 recently, so check out their article.