Green Building Costs, HGTV Green Home, Energy Efficiency, Green Lending + Re-development (WIR)
- A new report by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development found that the costs of green building are often misunderstood, and even overestimated by as much as 300%.
- HGTV announces the Green Home Giveaway – they will build a home somewhere using eco-friendly materials and give it away in 2008.
- Sun Microsystems completes next-generation, energy-efficient datacenters in California, the U.K, and India — they expect to save over $1.1 million in energy costs per year.
- Developing special lending programs dedicated to energy efficiency projects is a good way for banks to support green endeavors.
- With climate change and 80% of the world’s population living less than 30 miles from a coastline, Discovery talks about green principles in building a modern city.