- Vehicle to Grid Technology – Power to the people: run your house on a Prius.
- Fitter. Happier. Better. Greener. Science shows sustainable design does more than help the Earth, it makes you feel better, too.
- AlwaysOn Going Green 100 – a first annual list of the hottest private companies in greentech.
- There’s a new trend in residential energy: being the first small wind turbine on the block.
- Aspiring to be America’s greenest city, state commitment helps Sacramento rank No. 2 in energy efficient office space.
You may have heard of Jay Leno’s Green Garage, but have you heard about him installing the Delta II wind turbine on the building to generate electricity? Delta II is an American-made, vertical axis turbine designed by PacWind. It’s a 9 foot, 500 lb. beast with the ability to produce 10 kw of power at 28 mph winds. One of the benefits of this design is that it can start producing electricity at lower wind speeds … to get a more specific idea, feel free to watch this installation video at Popular Mechanics.
Jay’s Green Garage was recently on the newest episode of Living with Ed, and according to the show, Jay plans to expand his arsenal of Delta II wind turbines. We’ll keep an eye on the news to see how many he adds to the building. What does this mean? It sounds like he’s happy with the turbine’s performance, which is a good thing because the small wind industry is still trying to gain momentum and traction. Delta II MSRPs for a cool $19,995.
I know you could probably surf around and subscribe to a few channels here and there, but I’ve found a fun way to put the best green videos from YouTube all in one place. Introducing the Jetson Green Video Library. If you have the time, click the first one and it’ll take you through to the very end of all 17 videos. And if you like a particular video, click the YouTube logo within the video and you’ll go straight to that video’s dedicated YouTube page. Let me know if I missed one and I’ll keep the page updated with great green content.