The Pacific Garden Mission has been a steadfast anchor in the Chicago community since 1877. The Mission has served as a safe-haven for homeless men and women, offering nourishment for both body and soul. Today, the Mission continues it's work in a newly constructed 156,000 square foot facility. It was designed by Tigerman McCurry Architects to obtain LEED Silver certification and includes 100 solar-thermal panels, green roof with native vegetation, low flow water fixtures, locally sourced materials, and recycled construction waste. The solar panels were donated by the City of Chicago's Renewable Energy Program, which all together, over $245,000 in clean energy grants were donated by the City of Chicago.