This is the first detached, single-family home in Illinois to obtain LEED certification. The modern residence received certification a little over a year ago in May 2008, so there's no new news, but the home is beautiful and worth sharing. Designed and owned by Alphonso and Michelle Peluso, co-founders of Vertex Architects, LLC, the home is support by six, exposed steel columns that complement the exterior glass and stained cedar cladding.
- Is EDAC the next LEED?
- Buildings where energy is 'free.'
- White roofs begin to catch on.
- Shining a green light on growth.
- Is new gym green certification worth $250,000?
- New condo focuses on sustainability and attainability.
- Hotels / spas enjoy big savings from green projects.
- Does going green have to put you in the red?
- Actionably eco? Watch your back.
Follow @jetsongreen on Twitter for more news, links, and commentary.
In addition to celebrating our third blog birthday, we were able to talk about some cool projects and technology in the month of July. A trend that's out there is what I'm calling the "flight to multi-family." Keep an eye on this. Also, Angela won The Earth-Sheltered House book giveaway, and Fultojd won the Strategy for Sustainability book giveaway. We have 5-6 other books on the shelf right now, which you can expect in giveaways this month. But before we get to that, check out these articles below to see if you missed something: