Harvard Business Press was kind enough to provide an advance copy of Green Recovery: Green Lean, Get Smart, and Emerge from the Downturn on Top, which was written by Andrew Winston, coauthor of Green to Gold. As you might imagine, the book is perfect for executives, managers, and business professionals looking for a way to juggle both environmental strategy and business profitability. Winston explains that investing in green strategy, if done properly, can save money quickly — therefore, it should be a core strategy of economic survival.
This is the first detached, single-family home in Illinois to obtain LEED certification. The modern residence received certification a little over a year ago in May 2008, so there's no new news, but the home is beautiful and worth sharing. Designed and owned by Alphonso and Michelle Peluso, co-founders of Vertex Architects, LLC, the home is support by six, exposed steel columns that complement the exterior glass and stained cedar cladding.
- Is EDAC the next LEED?
- Buildings where energy is 'free.'
- White roofs begin to catch on.
- Shining a green light on growth.
- Is new gym green certification worth $250,000?
- New condo focuses on sustainability and attainability.
- Hotels / spas enjoy big savings from green projects.
- Does going green have to put you in the red?
- Actionably eco? Watch your back.
Follow @jetsongreen on Twitter for more news, links, and commentary.