- The green case for city living.
- Sustainable cities are the solution.
- A major price drop for solar panels.
- Panels of OLED lights fascinate designers.
- Interest in sustainable buidling grows.
- Portland establishes eco-districts to reduce GHGs.
- New green buildings put efficiency and environment first.
- The two different paths toward sustainability.
- Off-the-grid and self-reliant new homesteaders.
- The business of sustainability.
The Federal Reserve Chairman pretty much declared the recession over, but he also said there will be some tough times to come in the job market. That is, if we have nothing to say about it. We're building up a green job board, and you're invited to check it out. Here are a few of the jobs listed in the last week:
- Energy/Green Building Manager, Jones Lang LaSalle, Richmond, VA
- LEED EB Program Manager, Jones Lang LaSalle, Charlotte, NC
- LEED Project Manager, Sustainable Design Collaborative, Hastings, NY
- Director of Marketing, Hycrete, Inc., Carlstadt, NJ
- Sustainability Manager, City of Tacoma, Tacoma, WA
Also, follow @greenerjobs on Twitter for more green job listings.
Yes, it has a Wilson bi-fold garage door. Yes, it has translucent photovoltaic panels that also illuminate the interior workspace. Yes, it's heated and cooled by a geothermal system. And yes, it's pretty much the most amazing landscape storage shed around. Designed by Gray Organschi Architecture, this storage barn — more appropriately a storage rack that doubles as an 800 square-foot building — is the central hub for a landscape business in Washington, Connecticut.