- Do green buildings make life greener?
- For some, home is a tiny plastic bunk.
- California couple killing their lawn to save water.
- 10 trends that will fuel growth of green buildings in 2010.
- Six states chosen to develop building retrofit best practices.
- Green hotels help keep carbon footprints light.
- Residents fight to raise poultry in the city.
- Top 10 LEED Snafus …
Several years ago, Adobe made business news by sharing how their green building initiatives saved the company big money. Its San Jose headquarters facility includes three office towers that have received three LEED Platinum certifications. Over time, the company has reduced indoor water use by 22%, landscape water use by 76%, electricity by 35%, and natural gas by 41%. Now Adobe generates on-site energy with 20 Windspire small wind turbines by Mariah Power.
Update 1/27/2010: A Small Osprey Eco-Cottage Has Landed!
Starting January 19 in the Las Vegas Convention Center, four modular demonstration homes will be on display for the International Builders’ Show 2010. All of the homes will qualify for the NAHB’s National Green Building Certification, and they’ll be smaller, too. One home in particular, The Osprey, caught my attention. The 523 square-foot home, perhaps, will be the greenest of all four models in the Show Village.