A few years ago, we mentioned this project and want to take an opportunity to follow up. The new Lofts @ Cherokee Studios, designed by Pugh + Scarpa and developed by REthink Development, is now complete. Built on the same site as Cherokee Recording Studios, which was MGM Studios before that, the location saw the likes of numerous past and present musical giants, including Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Elton John, David Bowie, and Dave Matthews. It's now a mixed-use location seeking LEED Platinum certification.
- Don't get bamboozled.
- Will big business save the earth?
- Get ready — green leases are coming.
- Goodbye, toilets. Hello, extreme composting.
- Cash for Caulkers could mean $12k per home.
- Choosing an energy efficient front door.
- Study: small wind market to double by 2013.
- The greenest office building in the country.
- Building a better future (post COP15).
Also, follow @jetsongreen on Twitter for more news, links, and commentary.
A new company, Wattvision, is rolling out a beta version of an energy monitoring system, and it seems promising. The company is selling the Wattvision Sensor for $199 (currently only $149 with the code “wvbetablog“), which can be applied to compatible digital meters. With an online account at Wattvision and the sensor installed, you can start monitoring electricity usage online, on your phone, or through email reports.