The architect and company that brought us the Bike Arc modular bike park system is now behind the House Arc modular system. House Arc was designed by Joseph Bellomo and the prototype shown in this article is being finished for a client in Hawaii. The modular home is built with a lightweight frame of steel tubes and set on a few concrete blocks. When finished, it's supposed to be strong enough to withstand tropical winds and weather.
It's crazy to think we're now cruising through the new year. It's also sad to think about the tragedy that hit Haiti. As the world continues to turn, we'll keep talking about the most important stories that somehow touch on green building. We also want to thank our sponsor, Green Build Post, a green building forum that's documenting several industry trends, including the construction of a green, modular New World Home in The Hamptons, New York. Here's a summary of last month's coverage, if you missed anything:
- The grassroots efforts of using gray water.
- How to avoid the legal pitfalls of green marketing.
- Sustainable design needs more than bells and whistles.
- Green materials sector is gaining attention and growing fast.
- SEC to require disclosure of climate change risks.
- Study finds that white roofs reduce urban heat.
- The ever expanding green toolbox.
- Is your house making you sick?