CalStar Products recently introduced a fly ash brick and fly ash paver that’s been getting major attention in the industry. The innovative fly ash products are behind the company’s attention in the Wall Street Journal and finalist nomination for the Crunchies in the Best Cleantech category. They’re made from 40% fly ash and 60% local aggregates, together with some proprietary ingredients.
- Do green buildings make life greener?
- For some, home is a tiny plastic bunk.
- California couple killing their lawn to save water.
- 10 trends that will fuel growth of green buildings in 2010.
- Six states chosen to develop building retrofit best practices.
- Green hotels help keep carbon footprints light.
- Residents fight to raise poultry in the city.
- Top 10 LEED Snafus …
Several years ago, Adobe made business news by sharing how their green building initiatives saved the company big money. Its San Jose headquarters facility includes three office towers that have received three LEED Platinum certifications. Over time, the company has reduced indoor water use by 22%, landscape water use by 76%, electricity by 35%, and natural gas by 41%. Now Adobe generates on-site energy with 20 Windspire small wind turbines by Mariah Power.