- Is renewable power "eco-bling?"
- Six key lessons on energy efficiency retrofits.
- Cutting carbon through people powered innovation.
- ASHRAE launches website to explain new green standard.
- Green building groups help rebuild Haiti.
- Retailers to get help with green leases.
- HRV or ERV?
There's no question that the big topic in the industry these days is greening existing buildings. Whether through the LEED-EBOM program or something else, the existing building stock requires a sustainable update. And if you're looking for a thorough and authoritative book on the topic, I'd like to recommend Greening Existing Buildings by Jerry Yudelson. Published by McGraw-Hill, the GreenSource Series book includes over 25 case studies of successful green building renovations.
Putney School, a prep boarding school for grades 9-12, needed a field house and retained Maclay Architects to design a green one. Literally. The ~$5 million green building is one of only a few net-zero energy buildings of its kind. It's also a contender for LEED Platinum certification and boasts a number of impressive green elements.