These days, there's a nearly endless array of options on the market if you're looking for a stylish, green countertop. Availability varies and transportation costs — in more ways than one — so you might stop by the local green building store to see what's being made locally. You might see some of the products discussed below.
It's been a fun month here at Jetson Green. We talked about a little of everything, including building performance, Passive House certification, the Living Building Challenge, and the various efforts to help with temporary and permanent shelter in Haiti. If you like what you're reading, stay tuned through Twitter or Facebook and share what you like. Here's a summary of last month's coverage, if you missed anything:
- Blue is the new green.
- Energy Star label due for an upgrade.
- Green homes sell faster and for a premium.
- Creative borrowing spurs commercial retrofits.
- Could poorly performing projects kill green building?
- Insuring on the sustainable side of the fence.
- A smarter planet needs smarter buildings.
- Home sweet passive home.