- Water's place in Cradle to Cradle.
- Do green buildings make dollars and sense?
- Top 10 priorities to build green on a budget.
- Audit finds vulnerability of Energy Star program.
- Clean technology may not create green jobs.
- Buying efficiency, but staying inefficient.
- Turning carbon into cement gold.
After nearly three years of planning, Taltree ecoVillage by YS Development is gaining a little steam. Located in Redmond, Washington — not more than a bike ride from the company Bill Gates co-founded — Taltree includes a collection of nine modern, green homes built to the highest green building and energy efficiency standards.
There's a push for density and urbanization and efficient use of space, but all too often a connection to nature is lost in the process. Luzinterruptus, a guerrilla style outfit out of Madrid, recently installed this Packaged Vertical Garden to make a statement about the importance of preserving urban greenery.