New World Home, a design-build company, recently took LEED Platinum for another traditional home in Geogia. Like the other one nearby, this Marietta home was factory-built in modules and has a slew of green features. It’s the company’s Chadwick design and the award-winning home also carries NAHB Gold and EarthCraft Gold certifications.
On a weekly basis, we probably hear about 5-10 projects receiving some form of LEED certification and they certainly deserve some sort of recognition. So we're going to publish "In the LEED" every so often to share a little bit about what's going on in the industry. Of course, we'll also take some time to showcase LEED projects on a more thorough basis, so stay tuned. In the mean time, check these four projects out. Some impressive work …
- Water's place in Cradle to Cradle.
- Do green buildings make dollars and sense?
- Top 10 priorities to build green on a budget.
- Audit finds vulnerability of Energy Star program.
- Clean technology may not create green jobs.
- Buying efficiency, but staying inefficient.
- Turning carbon into cement gold.