- The sustainability imperative.
- Vertical gardens, grown on walls.
- Green concrete: storing carbon dioxide.
- How urban planning can improve public health.
- Ten ways to make your business bike friendly.
- Eco-friendly buildings are cost-effective.
- Rooftop solar versus rooftop wind.
- Skyscraper farms won't work.
Everything is changing over at the Cascadia Green Building Council. Dropping the word “Region” from its name, the organization has new moniker to go with a new motto, “Envisioning the Living Future.” But that’s not all. The mission is new, too. These changes seem designed to convey an upbeat focus not on individual buildings or projects but the whole built environment.