Oregonians Matt Kirkpatrick and Katherine Bovee have been working hard this last year on the Harpoon House, a simple efficient home in Portland that's expected to achieve LEED Platinum certification. The 28-foot tall home has one bedroom, one bathroom, a root cellar, and a roof garden. Specifically, there's 1152 square feet of living space and a 433 square foot roof garden space.
- Going green with home preservation.
- Construction is down, but green building is up.
- Developers find green building is good business.
- Green design would benefit from more color.
- Should states LEED, or force green on cities?
- Shift toward sustainability is here to stay.
- The future of thin film.
This new home is the first and only LEED Platinum home in Fort Worth, Texas. Designed by Philip Newburn of Dobbins+Crow Architects, the minimalist home occupies an infill lot in the Ryan Place neighborhood and features an abundance of green features, such as fiber cement siding, natural daylighting, Energy Star windows and doors, and xeriscaping.