- Old is the new green.
- Opinion: don't LEED us astray.
- Clinton: green energy can grow economy.
- $2 billion skyscraper receives LEED Platinum.
- Generating energy from sewage wastewater.
- Going on a low carbon home diet.
- Get your green message out.
- How to sell smaller homes.
- Leaner and greener.
Already 70% leased, this impressive 66-unit apartment project, Silver Gardens, is the first affordable housing development in New Mexico that has been designed and built to obtain LEED Platinum certification. Located on a reclaimed brownfield near bus and rail access, Silver Gardens boasts some impressive green elements.
Meld USA, maker of ecoX, recently launched a new surface material called Micro, which is made with up to 74% pre-consumer recycled content in Raleigh, North Carolina. The product, which can help contribute toward several LEED credits, is available in slabs of 30" x 96" x 1.5" or in over-sized custom slabs. Micro can also be custom fabricated into a variety of applications.