When using shipping containers for a structure, you'll want to do your homework, but often the results can be stunning, as is the case here. Located in Brittany, France, Crossbox was built with four containers and topped with greenery. Two modules cantilever over the other two, but you can hardly tell what's going on as drywall and cladding camouflage the industrial skeleton.
- How much does LEED actually cost?
- The change leadership sustainability demands.
- McDonough launches Green Products Innovation Institute.
- Feds serve as a green technology test bed.
- Fact and fiction: demystifying living walls.
- Will Fannie and Freddie derail PACE.
- Green ≠ Sensible.
Dwell Development Design + Build, a firm in Washington state focusing on urban infill development, recently completed these four homes located at 1105 23rd Avenue South in Seattle. Targeted to exceed 5-star Built Green certification, the modern homes at 1105 Dwell are being offered for sale from $479,000. Sizes vary from 1,647 to 1,772 square feet.