- Cities blazing a green trail.
- Top 10 trends in sustainable business.
- Green designs that don't cost the Earth.
- Is CSR enough to create a sustainable world?
- Earth-friendly claims spur lawsuits and FTC actions.
- Professor sees red over green building claims.
- Popular green products for the home.
- How to be an urban beekeeper.
With Living Future 2010 from Cascadia Region Green Building Council right around the corner, you're probably looking ahead. But with Earth Day and all sorts of green activity during the last month, perhaps you'll take a moment to review some of our most recent coverage. We were a little heavy in prefab and homes, but look for that to balance out more in May. Here's the good stuff:
Eric Corey Freed, architect and principal of Organic Architect, has a new book in stores this month — Green$ense for the Home — and Allison Arieff was able to pry a list out of Freed of simple green home projects for renters and homeowners. This is the low-hanging fruit, to use the proverbial phrase, but that doesn't mean there's no impact or benefit. To paraphrase Freed’s responses to Arieff, here are the nine green projects: