If you liked the Ultimate Desert House, you’ll probably have some interest in this PopUp House from House Port. Pictured is a prototype of the PopUp House in Petaluma, California, which was built with SIPs and a metal house port. The actual home is shaded by a galvanized roof for natural ventilation, and the company has designs for one or two cube installations.
David Gottfried, founder of the USGBC and owner of this super green home renovation, recently launched a new business consortium with several industry experts, 19 founding member companies, and 60 real estate design, construction, and ownership affiliates. The U.S. Regenerative Network is an invitation only network of green building product manufacturers and service providers with two main goals:
- Eco-friendly designs.
- Green roofs need sensible design.
- Does LEED minimize human health concerns?
- Does Passive House require non-traditional materials?
- Green construction weathers tough economy.
- Looking to Japan for urban farming wisdom.
- Demand for green.