I want to thank you for entering the 400W wind generator contest that we ran last week. It drew close to 400 entries from folks all around the country, and I enjoyed viewing your links and hearing about your projects. Seems clear that there’s demand for small wind in the right location, and the following winner should be able to put this turbine to good use.
In conjunction with Architect magazine's second annual listing of the Architect 50, the magazine also created a list of top 10 green architecture firms. Its findings are based upon surveys administered during the first three months of this year to 161 firms. The survey isn't large enough to consider all firms, but Architect welcomes applications through its team of editors.
- The sustainability imperative.
- Vertical gardens, grown on walls.
- Green concrete: storing carbon dioxide.
- How urban planning can improve public health.
- Ten ways to make your business bike friendly.
- Eco-friendly buildings are cost-effective.
- Rooftop solar versus rooftop wind.
- Skyscraper farms won't work.