Notwithstanding the much talked about death of prefab, factory-built homes that are energy efficient and made with healthy materials keep finding buyers. Blu Homes, a prefab startup that just received $7 million from private investors and is opening a new 80,000 square-foot facility in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts, built this green home for Rainy Day and Eileen Cullinane in Rhode Island.
- Neighborhood tests food recycling.
- Are green buildings always healthy?
- Giving green buildings a smarter skin.
- Five sustainability tips for small businesses.
- Green practices conflict with homeowners associations.
- Green home guidelines will sunset this year.
- The carbon footprint of water.