While we’re talking about bamboo, another product worth keeping an eye on is this bamboo dimensional lumber from Cali Bamboo. The San Diego-based company says the product, Lumboo, is the “world’s first engineered bamboo dimensional lumber,” made with 100% compressed bamboo and a low-VOC resin. It can be used for fences and a variety of other applications.
Lamboo, Inc., a maker of architectural bamboo products out of Illinois, has this concept studio featured on their website. Lamboo Studio is made with several different Lamboo products, including bamboo interior paneling, custom bamboo furniture, bamboo content in windows and doors, and laminated structural bamboo in the roof and floor. Illustrating several uses for these bamboo products, the 304 square-foot tiny home has a wavy aluminum roof with integrated Uni-Solar panels and a composting toilet for off-grid living.
- Green building acoustics.
- Downsizing: how to build a tiny house.
- New approaches to water conservation.
- Fannie and Freddie threaten PACE loans.
- Perception vs. reality: the cost of green building.
- Is the problem auto dependency or suburbia?
- Buyers want usable energy efficient homes.
- Passive House standards gain traction.
- Why not Passive House?