Hopefully you're catching a little rest and relaxation while observing this fine Memorial Day holiday. As is the customary at the end of the month here, I've linked up all of our coverage from May in groupings — Developments & Projects, Prefab & Homes, Technology & Products, and Interesting & Green News — in case you missed something. Here's the good stuff:
When using shipping containers for a structure, you'll want to do your homework, but often the results can be stunning, as is the case here. Located in Brittany, France, Crossbox was built with four containers and topped with greenery. Two modules cantilever over the other two, but you can hardly tell what's going on as drywall and cladding camouflage the industrial skeleton.
- How much does LEED actually cost?
- The change leadership sustainability demands.
- McDonough launches Green Products Innovation Institute.
- Feds serve as a green technology test bed.
- Fact and fiction: demystifying living walls.
- Will Fannie and Freddie derail PACE.
- Green ≠ Sensible.