- Green pools make a splash.
- Building a smaller house is better.
- 6 ways you're probably wasting water.
- Getting the most out of your green lease.
- New efficient energy code will save a fortune.
- Round 2: solar panels versus a maple tree.
- Avoiding LEED liability by over achieving.
- Walking — not just for cities anymore.
This modern residence, monastic and fantastic at the same time, is called E.D.G.E., an Experimental Dwelling for a Greener Environment. It’s small, with 480 square-feet of space, yet the space appears plentiful as it transforms to suit a variety of uses. Plus it’s beautiful inside and out and has some incredible green elements.
There’s a massive residential community under construction in Santa Fe Springs in Los Angeles County. Comstock Homes, developer of The Villages at Heritage Springs, says it’s the largest solar powered community in the nation, which is partially why it’s so interesting. These California homes come with roof-integrated Sunpower Suntiles, and they’re built for efficiency, too.