- An energy-saving air conditioner.
- Three best ways to become eco-friendly.
- AIA develops tool to track predicted energy use.
- DOE launches site for affordable efficient windows.
- Electricians doing business with five green retrofits.
- You can't buy green without being green.
- Mayors back green construction code.
- Inefficient builders about to hit a wall.
Popular Science just published an interesting roundup of green communities in an article now titled, "Nine of the World's Most Promising Carbon-Neutral Communities." You'll recognize several of these communities as we've mentioned them previously. What's important is the notion that reducing an environmental impact can be ultra effective when done on a large scale.
In response to a design challenge issued by the USGBC, WATG and IDEO created "Haptik," a sustainable hotel suite that blends sustainability and luxury in a high-tech environment. The suite, named after a Greek term for experiencing interactions based on touch, won the challenge and was built as a model at HD Expo 2010 last month. Courtesy of WATG, take a look inside: