Lamboo, Inc., a maker of architectural bamboo products out of Illinois, has this concept studio featured on their website. Lamboo Studio is made with several different Lamboo products, including bamboo interior paneling, custom bamboo furniture, bamboo content in windows and doors, and laminated structural bamboo in the roof and floor. Illustrating several uses for these bamboo products, the 304 square-foot tiny home has a wavy aluminum roof with integrated Uni-Solar panels and a composting toilet for off-grid living.
- Green building acoustics.
- Downsizing: how to build a tiny house.
- New approaches to water conservation.
- Fannie and Freddie threaten PACE loans.
- Perception vs. reality: the cost of green building.
- Is the problem auto dependency or suburbia?
- Buyers want usable energy efficient homes.
- Passive House standards gain traction.
- Why not Passive House?
Cabin Fever, a Florida-based company with an office in California, makes some slick green structures that can be used as weekend retreats, home offices, extra bedrooms, sheds, and anything else along these lines. Shown here is the Maxwell Cabin. It’s a 320 square-foot model that sells from $32,500, depending on options.