While not as sexy as the WattStation, Coulomb Technologies today unveiled a new charging station that could be found in thousands of homes across the country over the next few years. Referred to as CT500, the Level II charging station is compatible with electric vehicles using the SAE J1772 standard and is perfect for residential or light commercial use.
Sunset has the story on this off-grid, low-impact, affordable shelter built in the wilderness near Joseph, Oregon. The modern structure of 130 square feet, not counting the deck, was designed by Ryan Lingard and built in a couple weeks for roughly $10,000. Signal Shed has a wood stove, metal roof, cedar rainscreen, reused windows, portable toilet, and operable shutters.
- Climate change: not enough grunts.
- A water fight over luxury shower fixtures.
- Solving housing problems through earthships.
- Retail developers unwavering in pursuit to go green.
- Nine design tips to maximize small spaces.
- Garden enjoys benefits of vertical garden.
- Open letter to LEED deniers.
- Vertical chia wall.
Also, shout out to Margaret Everton of Calfinder, a service that connects homeowners with quality contractors, for this interview on everything from consumerism to tiny houses, plus everything else about Jetson Green.