It’s official, construction is complete on the first Passive House project in California and the first Passive House retrofit in the nation. Designed by Lail Design Group and built by Solar Knights Construction, the O’Neill Passive House is an example how to greenly renovate an older home to superior energy efficiency standards.
- The case for living buildings.
- Green homes grow in popularity.
- Learning from a true solar pioneer.
- 5 ways to grow revenue with green innovation.
- Developer starts 132-home net-zero community.
- Americans want smaller, smarter homes.
- Greening bank-owned real properties.
- Home energy cost breakdown.
Also, subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates, article summaries, newsworthy links, and other site news.
William McDonough is one of the greatest minds the environmental movement has to offer. He’s the co-author of Cradle-to-Cradle, Time’s Hero for the Planet, and a recipient of the Presidential Award for Sustainable Development. And, perhaps more importantly, he’s extremely influential. McDonough shares ideas with compelling clarity, and listeners can’t help but pass the message along. I had the opportunity to listen to McDonough’s keynote at West Coast Green yesterday and took down the following quotes.