Recently, Chelsea Green Publishing sent us a copy of a new book, A Solar Buyer’s Guide for the Home and Office, by Stephen and Rebekah Hren, also the authors of the Carbon-Free Home. Just like the first book, the authors chose a topic that they’re clearly expert to talk about. Stephen is a builder and teacher with experience in passive and active solar heating technologies, while Rebekah is an NABCEP-certified photovoltaics installer, licensed electrical contractor, and ISPQ-certified solar instructor.
Colorado-based Ice Energy today announced an infusion of Series C financing in the form of $24 million, according to a press release. The company will use this money to support the deployment of utility-scale distributed energy storage products and a 53-megawatt project in California. Ice Energy also wants to explore new products and expand to a wider set of customers.
- Business for greater good.
- Advice for an urban composter.
- Consumers sensitive to green product pricing.
- New prefabs employ green building practices.
- Gifford files $100 million lawsuit against USGBC.
- Some find value in small wind turbines.
- Small house Utopia.