- Green is silving lining in housing.
- Passive House standard draws fans.
- Xzeres pioneers small wind as a service.
- 13 million homes could use small wind.
- MIT finds green benefits with ICF construction.
- Being smart with dense-pack insulation.
- Does PEX contain hazardous materials?
- Rent-free solar egg house.
If you’re looking for holiday gifts and don’t want to break the bank, below is an index of gifts that you can get for less than $200 from our eight-part Ultimate Modern Gift Guide for the Holidays 2010, a curated list for design-savvy folks interested in the environment. A lot of this is books and magazines — what better gift can you give than enjoyable reading — but there’s other stuff in here, too.
Read more »
Bastyr University‘s new student village was named Outstanding Multifamily Project of 2010 by the USGBC. Located north of Seattle in Kenmore, the 11-building project was designed by CollinsWoerman and earned LEED Platinum certification. It’s estimated to save about 34% on energy costs, as compared to a non-green, similar project, and houses 132 students.