Material ConneXion, a global materials consultancy, recently gave its material of the year award to Novacem for the company’s “carbon negative” cement. The product is being touted with increasing frequency and — it would seem from the literature — has the potential to change the world of concrete in 2014-15 when it hits the market.
Tony Sarich, co-founder of American Modular Systems (manufacturer of Gen7 line of modular classrooms that we featured last year), plans to build an eco-friendly home and winery using what was learning developing Gen7. The new project is destined for wine country in Lodi, California and the winery, shown above, will be powered by solar panels and covered in reclaimed wood siding.
- Lumens try to power past watts.
- Tell it like it is: energy labels for homes.
- Home security packaged with energy and solar.
- Action needed for Passive Houses to proliferate.
- Are no-VOC paint claim labels legit?
- Slowly greening the Pink Panther.
- 10 ways to save water at home.