Tony Sarich, co-founder of American Modular Systems (manufacturer of Gen7 line of modular classrooms that we featured last year), plans to build an eco-friendly home and winery using what was learning developing Gen7. The new project is destined for wine country in Lodi, California and the winery, shown above, will be powered by solar panels and covered in reclaimed wood siding.
- Lumens try to power past watts.
- Tell it like it is: energy labels for homes.
- Home security packaged with energy and solar.
- Action needed for Passive Houses to proliferate.
- Are no-VOC paint claim labels legit?
- Slowly greening the Pink Panther.
- 10 ways to save water at home.
Nove — Italian for nine — is a handsome nine-unit project in the Mission District of San Francisco. The green project features LEED Platinum certification and architectural design by Handel Architects. And, with purchase prices in the range of $975,000 – $1,600,000, eight of nine units have already sold and closed, according to Builder Magazine.