As of January 2011, this is believed to be the highest scoring LEED Platinum home in the state of Florida with 112 points. Located at 4512 Grove Park in Tallahassee, the craftsman bungalow style home is owned by Mark and Linda Powell and features two-level living, SIPs construction, a large solar PV array, and EPA Indoor airPLUS certification.
In conjunction with the launch of this site’s new design (which has been an unbelievable success to date), I thought long and hard about the direction of Jetson Green. I can’t say where this site will be in five years, but it occurred to me that the best focus was the residential context. Thus, Jetson Green is not just a green building site any more, it’s a “design-oriented site for sustainable homes, natural materials, and green technology.”
- Coal’s shocking hidden health/eco costs.
- For resale value, think about energy efficiency.
- Consumer have many energy-efficient light options.
- Philips: LEDs to take about 50% of market by 2015.
- GE pitches halogens as incandescent substitution.
- New green life for an old neglected house.
- Going for Passive House in Canada.