We've talked about Taalman Koch Architecture a number of times previously (specifically with the off-grid itHouse and Three Junipers), and they're making a bit of news with this temporary space for the Palm Pre, which was recently on display at The Americana at Brand in Glendale, California. The 240 square-foot exhibit had to be built in twelve hours or less, and Taalman Koch was able to get that done using a stripped down version of the itHouse.
- Seven innovative green projects for 2009.
- How to harvest green building tax benefits.
- Selling Americans on a green collar economy.
- Dispelling two small business sustainability myths.
- Execs see big future for green development.
- LEED certification requires early planning.
- New innovation with lamps and ballasts.
- Grab the green real estate boom.
We're in beta with a green building job board, and everything's been going pretty good so far. Plus, with all the talk about green collar jobs, we thought we could at least help out a little bit. So if you're looking or thinking about looking for a job, make sure to check out these green positions. And if you have a green position, we provide free listings.
- Fundraising Director, Oregon Sustainability Center, Portland, OR.
- Development Director, Architecture for Humanity, San Francisco, CA.
- Director of Green Sustainability, Confidential, Dallas, TX.
Also, follow @greenerjobs on Twitter for more green job listings.
Prefab multifamily is the new black these days, which is why we’ve been watching startup ZETA Communities with interest. ZETA, which stands for Zero Energy Technology and Architecture, finished these live/work, net zero energy townhomes in Oakland and has a number of other projects in the works. The townhomes achieved LEED Platinum certification, a 240 green point rating, and an EPA Indoor airPLUS, the EPA’s highest indoor air rating. Each home is 1,540 square feet with two bedrooms and a single-car garage. And they’re packed with some of the following green elements and strategies:
Oxygenics was kind enough to send us their new STORM showerhead, which was designed to provide 20%-70% water and energy savings. The unit has 54 spray nozzles that shower you with 30% more water pressure compared to other brands. They do this with their Pressure Boosting Technology (see below), which squeezes the stream of water while adding air to it.