DesignByMany recently held a contest seeking a low-cost, low-energy home for New Orleans. The brief requested designs in a shotgun typology and entrants were encouraged to strive to meet Passive House standards. The winners have now been announced and sustainable.TO took top honors, according to Arch Daily. Check out the top five homes, and click through for more detail on each home.
- The death of the McMansion.
- Passivhaus is German for no-brainer.
- Passive House grows beyond the grassroots.
- Builder invests in high performance homes.
- The difference between house and home.
- Why the “light bulb ban” is a good idea.
- Windows key to net-zero performance.
- Where is our environmental vision?
Synergy is a design for an affordable, cold-climate Passive House by Tim Eian of TE Studio, the firm behind the first Passive House in Wisconsin. Eian says Synergy is “a beacon for the 21st century renaissance of residential high-performance design.“ In other words, this is a home for everyone: it’s traditional, comfortable, light-filled, and attainable.