Jerry Yudelson is a machine when it comes to publishing new books on cutting-edge green building topics. In his latest book, Green Building Trends: Europe, Yudelson tackles a topic that's popping up in the news more and more. Whether the topic is couched in a discussion of PassivHaus, Swedish prefabrication, or otherwise, it surfaces as a question: Are Europeans more advanced that Americans when it comes to green building design and innovation?
The portable classroom is just about as ubiquitous as the mobile home, so our ears perked when Toby Long, principal of Clever Homes and Toby Long Design, mentioned these first-generation, prefab, green portable classrooms. Working with the Chartwell School in Seaside, California — itself the first LEED Platinum campus in the country — Toby Long Design designed, fabricated, and installed two relocatable classroom structures on the Chartwell campus. Almost incredibly, the on-site work only took about four weeks.
The other day, Ready Solar announced the availability of this ground mount accessory for its modular Solar in a Box photovoltaic system. The ground mount is just one more accessory that fits well with Ready Solar's line of dead simple solar products. It bolts onto the integrated solar system and the tilt angle is established based on the distance between the front and back legs.
- The sincerest form of flattery.
- Going green? Windows matter.
- How much water do you actually use?
- Developers head a green, affordable direction.
- A turning point for green-energy stimulus projects.
- Groups spar over wood and paper certifications.
- Architects get a slice of the stimulus pie.
- 57 million chances to get housing right.
- Making buildings good.
Follow @jetsongreen on Twitter for more news, links, and commentary.
The beta experiment with our green job board is going pretty good so far. With all the talk about green collar jobs, we thought we could at least help out a little bit, so if you're looking or thinking about looking for a job, make sure to check out these green positions. And if you have a green position, we provide free listings.
- Manager of Sustainable Construction, PCL Construction, Denver, CO
- Crew Chief, EcoFab, LLC, Seattle WA
- Green Building Blog Writer, Jetson Green, N. California Preferred
- Regional Sustainability Campaign Director, Sierra Nevada Alliance, South Lake Tahoe, CA
Also, follow @greenerjobs on Twitter for more green job listings.