A Dutch company, Bolefloor, has developed a new method of producing floors from pieces of wood stock that allow for the natural shape of wood to be used. The company uses wood scanners, computer-aided technology, and optimization algorithms to maximize wood cuts to create a unique floor with curving joints between boards for a floor like none other on the market.
- Greenest prefabs.
- Tiny houses increase in popularity.
- One flow chart explains sources of energy.
- Energy savings foiled by improper thermostat use.
- Pocket neighborhoods seen as response to sprawl.
- Building the sustainable urban community.
- Why sustainability is winning over CEOs.
- Unrecycled CFLs leaking mercury.
This site has been nominated for a JDR Industry Blogger Award; vote for Jetson Green in the “green” category this week.