Daybreak is a thoughtful community in South Jordan (about 35 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City), and all their homes have a certain level of character that you just can't find with most new construction in the city. Up until now, Daybreak homes haven't been modern, although all of them are Energy Star. But Garbett Homes recently built two modern model homes, and this is Style B (see Style A). The home was designed by KTGY Group and will be replicated with different interior and exterior options on a street in Daybreak.
About four years ago, Indiana based audio and music equipment supplier Sweetwater Sound Inc. began running out of space and started looking for other options. After ruling out the ability to add to their existing facility, they decided to build something new.
The goal was to create something special for Fort Wayne and have the building resonate with the employees, almost all of whom are musicians and have an interest in the environment. The architecture firm MSKTD suggested that they pursue LEED certification, and after a visit to Herman Miller's LEED Gold facility in Holland Michigan, they were sold.
For the third year in a row, we'd like to announce that Jetson Green has teamed up with West Coast Green as a media partner. One of the reasons we're doing this is because it gives us the opportunity to pass on a 20% discount on full conference registration. Another reason is because the speakers and exhibitors are really good and friendly. I loved the Harbinger House last year, too, so let's see what's in store for 2009.
- FSC versus SFI.
- Trendlines for green hotels.
- Moving beyond green building to green neighborhoods.
- Building green doesn't have to break the budget.
- Colleges see demand for green course programs.
- Could parking stimulate more bike commuting?
- CO2 monitoring advances air quality and efficiency.
- ASHRAE pushes new building rating system.
- A 163-item list of things you can compost.
- Green financing programs emerge in cities.
Follow @jetsongreen on Twitter for more news, links, and commentary.
We're in beta with a green job board, and everything's been going pretty good so far. Plus, with all the talk about green collar jobs, we thought we could at least help out a little bit. So if you're looking or thinking about looking for a job, make sure to check out these green positions. And if you have a green position, we provide free listings.
- Home Performance Trainer, Build It Green, Berkeley, CA.
- Retail Energy and Sustainability Manager, REI, Kent, WA.
- LEED AP Design Architect, Grant Architects, Baltimore, MD.
- Fundraising Director, Oregon Sustainability Center, Portland, OR.
- Development Director, Architecture for Humanity, San Francisco, CA.
- Director of Green Sustainability, Confidential, Dallas, TX.
Also, follow @greenerjobs on Twitter for more green job listings.