This Tiny Texas Worker House was built with 99% salvaged material on a minimal footprint of 120 square feet. The home, which is valued at about $38,000, will be given away this year through an essay raffle by Tiny Texas Houses. So, with the combination of a winning essay and $50, one could end up with an entirely new way of living and a unique, reclaimed, micro shelter.
- Green home is almost complete.
- Does this house make me look fat?
- Old tensions surface over LEED pilot credit.
- Want to reduce heating/cooling bills by 90%?
- Value of solar power exceeds the electricity.
- Some cities overcharge for solar permits.
- Some set-top boxes suck energy 24/7.
- Do real gardeners pay for help?
In the rapidly changing landscape of automobiles, what will your garage look like to accommodate all electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles? Ford has worked with many partners in the development of their home charging system for the electric Focus, to be released this year, and the upcoming plug-in hybrid and electric versions of the all new C-MAX.