This is an eco-friendly home in the Portland area that’s owned by Mike and Virginia Malone. Their 3,336-square-foot project was designed by DeBar Architecture and built by Cellar Ridge Custom Homes for an undisclosed amount with green elements such as rooftop solar, sustainably harvested wood, LED lighting, and a massive water catchment system. Check out the unique interior below.
- New grads prefer green jobs.
- The world’s greatest light bulb (our article)
- Energy Secretary defends light bulb efficiency standards.
- Despite big failures, home energy management sees progress.
- New home technology for loud people and loud homes.
- Can you fact check green home products?
- Micro-architecture: bigger is not better.
*This is a sponsored post for Toyota’s 100 Cars for Good program.
Recently, this site was invited to participate in spreading the word about a Toyota campaign called “100 Cars for Good.” After reviewing the program and the people involved, we thought it would be something worth sharing because it has the potential to benefit certain non-profits that align with our mission to enhance homes with ecological innovation.