In conjunction with Architect magazine's second annual listing of the Architect 50, the magazine also created a list of top 10 green architecture firms. Its findings are based upon surveys administered during the first three months of this year to 161 firms. The survey isn't large enough to consider all firms, but Architect welcomes applications through its team of editors.
- The sustainability imperative.
- Vertical gardens, grown on walls.
- Green concrete: storing carbon dioxide.
- How urban planning can improve public health.
- Ten ways to make your business bike friendly.
- Eco-friendly buildings are cost-effective.
- Rooftop solar versus rooftop wind.
- Skyscraper farms won't work.
Everything is changing over at the Cascadia Green Building Council. Dropping the word “Region” from its name, the organization has new moniker to go with a new motto, “Envisioning the Living Future.” But that’s not all. The mission is new, too. These changes seem designed to convey an upbeat focus not on individual buildings or projects but the whole built environment.
German HUF Haus makes these beautiful, modern, post-and-beam homes through precision engineering and factory manufacturing. The homes are expensive but a HUF house is energy efficient, spacious, and high tech. HUF is a unique participant in the green prefab world with their signature floor-to-ceiling windows and clean lines.