I recently read about an impressive, three-unit residential building in Portland, Maine through an article by Seth Koenig in the Bangor Daily News. After a little digging, I learned the project is spearheaded by Paul Ledman and Colleen Myers, as owners and developers, Mike White of Island Carpentry, the general contractor, and Kaplan Thompson Architects, the architectural firm. Ledman wanted a future-forward building and ended up with something that doesn’t use fossil fuels.
- Energy efficiency myths.
- LEED Platinum renovation for sale.
- Green home, green car means no monthly bills.
- Modular condo will be the world’s tallest.
- “Not So Big House” takes center stage.
- Greening your house for a sale.
- Ferns with benefits.