These are Greenway Townhouses designed by Arbor South Architecture and built by Arbor South Construction (the same group behind The Sage, a high-scoring LEED Platinum project in Eugene). Construction just barely finished, and Arbor South will now focus on renting the 11 units of about 950 square feet each. Greenway Townhouses have been certified Earth Advantage Platinum, according to Bill Randall, principal at Arbor South, and will target LEED Gold certification.
Here’s a cool renovation project recently featured on NBC’s Today Show in the sub-$250,000 spotlight. Originally built in the 1950s, the home was redesigned by The Ranch Mine, one of the firms behind the NAHB’s Green Remodel of the Year last year, and is located historic North Encanto area in central Phoenix. The exterior has bold, yellow accents mixed with a low-maintenance and low-water desert landscape, and the interior is finished with existing saltillo tile, contemporary white and grey paint, and an open layout.
- World’s tallest prefab tower ready to go.
- Empowerhouse is more than just energy efficient.
- Goodbye fluorescent lights? New plastic light saves energy.
- Which insulation — insulating stud cavities in existing homes.
- Better your business with these three design principles.
- Holding green technology to a higher standard.
- Six celebrities with deep green homes.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates, article summaries, newsworthy links, and other site news.