Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Need To Know About Some Of The Best Window Frame Material For Green Building Projects Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need To Know About Some Of The Best Window Frame Material For Green Building Projects

Here's a fix... I really wish to know the favorite choice for the best windows for green projects? I've known Fiberglass Windows are specified for a lot of residential projects but somehow, commercial projects rarely prefer them. Should the commercial application not care about longevity and performance from a window system as well?

The sole reason why fiberglass windows are not used in commercial projects just because of the fact that they cannot pass fire code and only get a Class C Fire Rating. All commercial projects need at least a Class B Fire Rating for smoke density and flame spread.
    As far as "greener projects" are concerned, it's all a spin! Both fiberglass and PVC window frames tend to create polluting by-products when manufactured.

Comment

Jose, Fiberglass windows are used in commercial applications. Could you please point me out the fire class rating of fiberglass windows for exterior applications?

Comment

Thank You Josy for the info you shared! :-)

Comment

Working...
        X